Star Wars - Destiny of the Force
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hyperspace and attacking

5 posters

Go down

Hyperspace and attacking Empty Hyperspace and attacking

Post  Darth Zarran Fri Aug 13, 2010 10:01 am

If a fleet comes out of Hyperspace(HS) who attacks 1st the defender or thee attacker, it seems logical that the fleet coming From HS is more likely to attack, dew to the fact they are already bad ready will most likely have weapons armed while the defender will be defending?
Darth Zarran
Darth Zarran
Space Trainee
Space Trainee

Back to top Go down

Hyperspace and attacking Empty Re: Hyperspace and attacking

Post  Marro Dayre Sun Aug 15, 2010 4:35 am

The attacker goes first, otherwise it sort of would make the defender now the attacker. I know in RL there's a good chance the defender would try to go first, y'know, offense is the best defense, but this being a turn based game the attacker would make the first strike. This does in some instances give the attacker the upperhand so it makes the defender have to be a bit more strategic in their defense

Marro Dayre
Admin
Admin

Character sheet
Force:
Hyperspace and attacking Left_bar_bleue0/0Hyperspace and attacking Empty_bar_bleue  (0/0)
Faction: Empire

Back to top Go down

Post  Darth Taral Sun Aug 15, 2010 9:53 am

I think that if the defender is quick, they can attack first. And, I also think that if a planet has orbital defense stations, they should get to attack first.
Darth Taral
Darth Taral
Freelancer
Freelancer

Back to top Go down

Post  Ta'u Sun Aug 15, 2010 10:26 am

RULE (soon) the fleet coming out of hyperspace has 24hrs to make the first move. after that the defender may make the first move.
Ta'u
Ta'u
Admin
Admin

Character sheet
Force:
Hyperspace and attacking Left_bar_bleue0/0Hyperspace and attacking Empty_bar_bleue  (0/0)

https://starwarsdf.rpg-board.net

Back to top Go down

Post  Willice Evans Sun Aug 15, 2010 10:32 am

I dont know, i agree with Taral, i think if they have automatic turrents or they are quick enough you should be able to attack first, but i think only certain ships and stations, like its a special abbility, like some ships have gravity wells and tractor beams, some ships should have the abbility to fire first, i also think some ships should have a shield repair thing or missile jammer, that takes 10% off of a players attack or something.
Willice Evans
Willice Evans
Hired Gun
Hired Gun

Character sheet
Force:
Hyperspace and attacking Left_bar_bleue10/10Hyperspace and attacking Empty_bar_bleue  (10/10)
Faction: Jedi Order

Back to top Go down

Post  Ta'u Sun Aug 15, 2010 10:36 am

i am going to refer to my last post. For now that is the rule.
Ta'u
Ta'u
Admin
Admin

Character sheet
Force:

https://starwarsdf.rpg-board.net

Back to top Go down

Post  Marro Dayre Sun Aug 15, 2010 12:08 pm

Vargo, the only problem with that is that hyperspace threads are posted in the space section and not the combat section. I mean sure, you could start blasting every ship that enters the system, but there's no absolute way of knowing that the ship(s) exiting hyper are really going to attack. In fact, in most instances in the earlier runs of this game, fleets would hyper into a system ready to attack, but never actually attack because either a truce or some treaty was brokered, or they just decided that attacking was a bad idea and didn't do it.

For an attack to occur, a new thread would be made in the Combat section, the initial post being the attacking post, so whoever makes that initial post is technically the attacker now and not the defender. Now mind you, each faction is within their right to blow up any ship that enters their system. Depends on whatever laws that the factions have made up for themselves.

Marro Dayre
Admin
Admin

Character sheet
Force:

Back to top Go down

Post  Willice Evans Sun Aug 15, 2010 12:38 pm

I know i am the jedi, so i cant really attack, so i made up laws such as

"We dont attack, we liberate" and stuff

if any ship from the sith enteres my system, they will be blasted to high heavens if there is no treaty in place, or atleast sevearly damage ther leaders ship, so that they cant do anything.

I am only putting idea's out BTW.
Willice Evans
Willice Evans
Hired Gun
Hired Gun

Character sheet
Force:
Hyperspace and attacking Left_bar_bleue10/10Hyperspace and attacking Empty_bar_bleue  (10/10)
Faction: Jedi Order

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum